Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My finished Animal Kingdom Safari Edgy Album

Instructions are also included in the Download above

This is my Animal Kingdom, Safari Ride Album, from Disney World. I used cereal boxes to make up the pages then traced them onto Scrapbook paper and cut it out with scissors. It's a basic shape so tracing it and cutting it was faster.

I have so many embellishment tips and techniques to tell you about. Look under each individual album.  To save you time reading it I've underlined and highlighted the relevant notes.

SHAPE OF THE ALBUM:
I made the shape of the album using my Cricut Expression and the Design Studio Software.

The Video Tutorial on how to design one yourself go to youtube.com at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxUJMldGehw

CARTRIDGE USED:
I used the Fabulous Finds cartridge. Along with the "welding" feature in the Design Studio I made this shaped album. If your not familiar with the welding feature it just allows you to put 2 or more die cut togethor so they cut as one whole piece.

PAGE 1 FRONT

All I had to do was add some great 3D stickers/embellishments. I also added some Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges of the page.

SUPPLIES:
Cricut
Fabulous Finds Cartridge
Background Paper: Safari Paper Pack by The Design Studio
3D Embellishments: Paper House Productions "ZOO"
3 clear gems (to match the 3 already on the "Z")
Vintage Photo Distress Ink (around the edges of page)

PAGE 1 BACK
Like I did on the previous page, I added Vintage Photo ink around the edges.  I added their Conservation Pin to the page. If you donate $1 you can get a pin. I do it everytime I go there. Then, I just added some glitter flourish stickers.

SUPPLIES:
Cricut w/ Fabulous Finds Cartridge
Conservation Pin from the Animal Kingdom
Glitter clear stickers
Foam Sheets for dimension
Vintage Photo Distress Ink (around the edges of page)


PAGE 2 FRONT

I added Vintage Photo Distress ink around the edges. I wanted to make my photograph 3D just like the embellishments, like the elephant. So what I did was cut out the AFRICA sign which is the section the Safari is in. I also cut out this cement post that is behind it. I elevated the AFRICA sign from the post behind it. I raised it using foam sheets. Great for dimension.

The "a" and the "k" were chipboard letters so I colored them with Adirondack Alcohol Ink. Then I cut out a bunch of leafs and branches from Life's a Beach Cartridge by Cricut. I colored them with 3 different distress inks. I wanted the edges to not be completely adhered to the page. I want them to be off the page to make them look real. Then I added the 3D elephant.

SUPPLIES:
Cricut Expression
Fabulous Finds Cartridge
Background Paper: Safari Paper Pack by The Design Studio
Life's a Beach Cricut Cartridge (leafs)
Distress Inks: Pine Needles, Peeled Paint and Tea Dye
2 Chipboard letters
Adirondack Alcohol Ink: Lettuce
3D elephant by Paper House Productions "ZOO"
Foam Sheets for dimension
Vintage Photo Distress Ink (around the edges of page)


PAGE 2 BACK

This photo is of a Wilderbeast. They are so used to cars and people that they just cross in front of the truck like you're not even there. I added some stickers and some 3D stickers above the photo.

SUPPLIES:
Cricut
Fabulous Finds Cartridge
Me and My Big Ideas-Soft Spoken "Zoo"
Stickabilities, Zoo Safari
Vintage Photo Distress Ink (around the edges of page)


PAGE 3 FRONT

SUPPLIES:
Cricut
Fabulous Finds Cartridge and Pagoda
Background Paper: Safari Paper Pack by The Design Studio
White Cardstock
Matting paper, Core'dinations Vintage Collection, "Burnt Sugar"
Distress Inks: Tea Dye, Walnut Stain, and Peeled Paint,Vintage Photo
Chipboard Letters by the Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
Sand Paper by Making Memories








First, I cut out a bunch of leaves/branches from the Pagoda Cricut Cartridge. I cut using white cardstock and colored them with Peeled Paint and Tea Dye Distress ink for the branches. I cut some of the leaves off of the branches to spread them out a little.








This is what the chipboard looked like after sanding it. It was white with a very glossy finish and I needed to get rid of that otherwise I wouldn't be able to color it with ink. The picture shows it sanded. If you enlarge the picture you can see the rough edges which is perfect for what I wanted. I wanted a distressed look since the photos are of a Safari (Animal Kingdom).

These are the letters after adding Walnut Ink Distress ink to them. The sanded areas are darker than the areas that weren't touched.







PAGE 3 BACK


This page, and the next, show an animal called a Kudo. I took 4 pictures of him as he was hiding, like this picture, and his quick getaway on the next page. I used the Pagoda Cricut Cartridge for the trees. I colored them with Peeled Paint and Tea Dye Distress inks.

SUPPLIES:
Cricut Expression
Pagoda and Fabulous Finds Cartridge
"Leaves of Love" patterned paper
Safari Paper Pack by The Design Studio
White Textured Cardstock
Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Pine Needles, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye
Ink Applicator Tool
Green Bazzill Dots Paper
Foam Sheets for dimension
Glossy accents for adhesive
Vintage Photo Distress Ink (around the edges of page)


PAGE 4 FRONT

This is the Kudo on his way out. I've been on the Safari at least 15 times and never got this close to this animal.
The first thing I did was used Distress Embossing Powder on the wooden word ROAM. I actually mixed 2 colors togethor in one of the caps before adding it to the word.

Then I cut out a bunch of leaves from the Life's a Beach Cricut Cartridge and colored them with various Distress Inks. I don't adhere the very top's to the page. Leaves should lay on top of the page not plastered to the page. They should be 3 Dimensional.

The next thing I added was the Chipboard Letters. First I colored them with the Tsukineko Spray Ink, Eucalyptus but it didn't want to seep into the chipboard so after it dried I added some Peeled Paint Distress ink. Next to the letters I added some dimensional foot prints.

The arrow and the piece in the bottom left corner was made using a technique shown by Split Coast Stampers on youtube.  It uses small pieces of Masking Tape. What you do it take small torn pieces and place it on paper and the chipboard arrow. Then I ran Distress Ink over the top of it. You have to place the ink pad directly on the masking tape. Go back and forth so it builds up on the edges I think I used Old Paper Distress Ink. The masking tape works as a resist so the ink may come off if you hold it to much. Just let it dry or a bit.

SUPPLIES:
Cricut w/ Fabulous Finds Cartridge
Background Paper: Safari Paper Pack by The Design Studio
Matting of photo: Core'dinations, Core Essentials Chocolate Mousse
Chipboard Letters
Inks: Tsukineko Spray Ink, Eucalyptus, Walnut Ink Antiquing Solution
Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Mustard Seed
Memento Dew Drop Inks: Bamboo Leaves, New Sprout
Ink Applicator Tool by Ranger
Wooden Word
Distress Ink Embossing Powder: Peeled Paint and Brushed Corduroy
Versa Mark Watermark Ink pad
Heat Gun
Masking Tape
EK Success, Sticko stickers "ZOO" (footprints)


 PAGE 4 BACK

Instructions below the supply list

SUPPLIES:
Cricut Expression
Life's a Beach Cartridge and Fabulous Finds Cartridge
Chipboard Letters and Shapes
Core'dinations, Vinage Collection, Burnt Sugar Cardstock
White Cardstock
Masking Tape
Whole Punch
Versamark Watermark ink pad
Distressed Embossing Powder: Scattered Straw and Peeled Paint
Distress Ink: Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint  

The Zebras were a couple feet off to the right side of the road. To start I added Vintage Photo ink around the edges.  Then I started the page by using Distress Embossing Powder on the chipboard letters and 2 brakets.

I used the same making tape technique that I used on the previous page. I added torn pieces to white cardstock and cut out a rectangle. This time I used Vintage Photo Distress ink on it. TIP: You have to place the ink pad directly on the masking tape. Go back and forth so it builds up on the edges. I did this in both corners on the right side of the page.

I also added 2 ferns from the Life's a Beach Cricut Cartridge. 1 on each taped rectangle. I colored them with Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint Distress Inks.

The 3 circles above and below were left overs from using the whole punch. I punched a few from a section of the inked masking tape.


PAGE 5 FRONT


I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges of the entire page. I took a strip of Core'dinations, Core Essentials Collection, Brownie and matted it with Core'dinations, Vinage Collection, Burnt Sugar Cardstock. I used the Storybook Cricut Cartridge for the "G" and Stone Script Cricut Cartridge for the "iraffe".

I added 2 ferns from Life's a Beach Cricut Cartridge that I colored with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. To finish, I added 1 bracket that I also colored with Peeled Paint.

SUPPLIES:
Cricut Expressions
Cartridges: Life's a Beach, Storybook , Fabulous Finds and Stone Script
Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint Distress Ink
Safari Paper Pack by The Design Studio
Core'dinations, Core Essentials Collection, Brownie cardstock
Core'dinations, Vinage Collection, Burnt Sugar cardstock
Light tan cardstock
1 Chipboard bracket


PAGE 5 BACK

This is the 2nd page for the giraffe's. I always have a lot of pictures because they are always close by the road in the savannah. I love that!. This is my favorite page. I just love the colors of the papers and the great 3D Embellishments. Ok.....I'll start on the wooden word "Scenic Route". I bought them from Michaels years ago. I heat embossed them with Distress Embossing Powder, Scattered Straw. I pressed them into a VersaMark ink pad then covered them with the powder. I did the exact same thing with the wavy ribbon which is made by Bazzill. They call them cardstock strips.

The only thing left was to add all the 3D stickers. They work great with this page.

SUPPLIES:
Cricut w/ Fabulous Finds Cartridge
Background Paper: TPS Wildlife Leopard
Safari Paper Pack by The Design Studio
Bazzill Cardstock "Just the Edgy" Cardstock Strip (wavy strip)
Paper House Productions: "Zoo"
EK Success, Sticko "Zoo"
Me and My Big Ideas, Soft Spoken, "Zoo"
Scattered Straw Distressed Embossing Powder
Versamark Watermark Ink Pad
2 Wooden Words

Page 6 Front

The techniques I did here are the masking tape like I did in 3 other pages. I rubbed the Tea Dye ink pad on this one. I also used it for the matting of the photo. I just added the tape around the edges.

Next, I added more wooden words "Destination" and "Our". I heat embossed them as well. I used Peeled Paint Distressed Embossing Powder.

Now, I matted the 2 cardstock stickers, the square ones. I also raised them off the page with Foam Sheets. That's what I use for dimension.  Next to each of them I added a grungboard arrow which I first embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then put my Vintage Photo ink pad directly on top of it.   The last thing was to add the sticker "memories".

SUPPLIES:Cricut w/ Fabulous Finds Cartridge
Safari Paper Pack by The Design Studio
The Paper Studio - Cardstock stickers "Outdoor"
Grungeboard elements, arrows
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Vintage Photo, Tea Dye Distress Ink
Masking tape
Brown and White Cardstock
TCP Studios (Memories)
Wooden Words, "destinations" and "our"
Peeled Paint Distressed Embossing Powder
VersaMark Ink pad

Page 6 Back

After getting the papers attached I embossed the 2 cardstock strip borders. I put one on top of the other.  I put a Versamark ink pad face down on it and added Distrssed Embossing Powder on it.  






Next I worked on the letter B-A-B-Y. They were a bright green glossy color. So, to get the glossy finish and that ugly green color off I sanded each. I used a subtle sandpaper so it didn't destroy them.
.
 Then I added more wooden words. I colored these with Adirondack Alcohol inks using the Ink Applicator Tool by Ranger. I used Mmushroom and Lettuce.
Then all I had to do to finish was to cut out a bunch of Spellbinder Foliage die cuts. I stenciled with Peeled Paint and Mustard Seed Distress Ink.

SUPPLIES:
Cricut
Fabulous Finds Cartridge
Safari Paper Pack by The Design Studio
TPS Wedding Texture
Spellbinder Foilage Die Cuts
Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo and Tea Dye
Ink applicator tool
Peeled Paint and Scattered Straw Distressed Embossing Powder
VersaMark Ink pad
Mushroom and Lettuce Adirondack Alcohol inks
Bazzill Cardstock "Just the Edgy" Cardstock Strip

That's everything..........lots to say huh. I'm pooped out!

Again, if you want to make your own Edgy album you can find the link to the cut file and instructions at the top of this post.

If you ever have any questions please let me know,

Heather