Friday, May 6, 2011

Dolly's Pet Scrapbook Album

                  
This is the first of many layouts of my puppy. I used sketches for many of them. If I used one I will post it under my layout photo.  If you want to keep it you can click on it, which will enlarge it, and then right-click on it, choose "Save as".

Some have PDF's with the supply list and the how-to instructions. If there is a PDF the link will be under the layout photo. Same for the Cricut CUT files. I offer some of those as well.

I used some of my favorite supplies: Cricut; Home Accents, Home Decor, Storybook, Fabulous Finds,My Community cartridge, Distress Inks, Paper Frills, Embossing Powders, Adironack Alcohol inks, Chipboard, Doily's and more..........

Pet Layout #1
                                                  















Creative Scrappers #48 Sketch
 For this sketch and 636 MORE CLICK HERE to see a preview AND to Download
FOR THIS Sketch CUT file CLICK HERE



SUPPLIES:                                                                           
-Cricut Expressions
-Home Décor and Fabulous Finds Cartridge
-Papers:   My Mind’s Eye, " Leaves of Love" and "Purple Flowers" (Background paper, HobbyLobby)
              Core’dinations Vintage Collection “Serene”  (scalloped edges)
              Bazzill Basics Paper “Grape Jelly” Cardstock
-Scalloped Border punch by Fiskars
-Making Memories Letters
-Distress Ink: Peeled Paint
-Ink Applicator Tool  by Ranger
-Glitter Stickers By Stampabilities           
-Adhesives: Glossy Accents, glue stick and Adhesive Squares, Pop dots
-Foam Sheets for dimension

How to Instructions:
I used my Cricut to cut out the "Leaves of Love" paper (green flowery paper). It's 11 by 11 inches. Then I used my Home Decor cartridge to cut out the Fleur-de-lis', and added them to the page. I used Glossy Accents to attach them. 
 
The smallest circle came as-is. It was from a paper pack. The other 2 circles were cut using the Fabulous Finds Cricut cartridge. The striped circle is 6.5 by 6.5 and I matted that with a 7 by 7 inch circle.
 
The letters d-o-l-l-y I found on clearance at Joann Fabrics. From 5.00 to 50 cents. That's a bargain. They were white so I took Distress Ink Peeled Paint ink pad and colored them with many layers. I used the ink applicator tool also by Ranger.  I wanted portions of the letters to be shaded so I just added a little more ink on the right side of each letter.  I used small round pop dots to give dimension to them.
 
This isn't on the sketch I used but I needed something to add to the outer edge of the paper. I used a Fiskars scalloped border punch. I did that with the Core'dinations Vintage Collection "Serene". I used a glue stick to add them to the pages.
 
Lastly, I added some glitter stickers to the top and added a small flower to the bottom of the scrapbook layout. I also added a diamond "gem" to the centers of the flowers.
------------------------------------------------------------------
  Pet Layout #2

     Cricut CUT file, Download HERE

I took this picture seconds after this new dog was handed to me. That was a bit of a shock. I now have 3 dogs. I really used my Cricut Expression on this one. I used Home Accents and Plantin Schoolbook cartridges. And of course, my fav, Distress Inks. I also created a nice texture on the Chipboard letters. See instructions below.

SUPPLIES:
Papers: My Minds Eye “Leaves of Love” (The green scallop paper)
Creative Imaginations,  Coredinations Vintage Collection “Serene”
and White Cardstock
Cricut Cartridges: Plantin Schoolbook (flowers and scallops) and Home Accents
Distress Inks: Dried marigold, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, Dusty Concord, Fried Brick, Worn Lipstick
Memento Dew Drop Ink: Bamboo Leaves and New Sprout
Scallop Border punch by Fiskars
Clipboard letters
White Paint Dabbers
Gems
Ribbon
Glossy Accents
                                                  Sketch by LizQualman.blogspot.com
First, I created the layout on Cricut’s Design Studio. First I cut out the “Leaves of Love” paper that the layout sits on. It’s the green paper, the same as the scallops around the photograph. I didn’t want to waste the all the paper so I cut out, sort of a frame, that it sits on. Did that with the Cricut Design studio as well. I just took a square and left a 2 inch border on all sides.

                                                   
Next, was the flourish. After I cut the Blackout, For those of you who don’t use the Cricut it’s the matting for the flourish, I used Dusty Concord Distress Ink to darken it a  little. I added the dark purple cardstock on top of it. I added Distress Ink to the 5 flowers that I cut out with Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and attached them. I use the Ink Applicator tool with the felt, not the foam. I use the felt for shading and the foam for full coverage.
                             
Then I made the scalloped edges around the photo. To get the scallops to cover the left side of my photo, I went on the Design Studio and clicked on the scallop. I knew I would need 2 scallops and weld them. Since the photo is 7 inches on that side I made each scallop 3.5 inches in length (half of 7). If I used 1 then I would have had to stretch it and that would not look good. For the top of the photo I just cut the second one after I cut it.
I wanted a little texture for the letters so I took regular chipboard and painted it with a white paint dabber from Ranger. I only own the white because I can change the color with any ink pad. To get the texture, I put the dabber on it and lifted it up. Don’t wipe it across the letter. Then I took Momento Dew Drop “New Sprout” ink and wiped it across the letters. Then I took a shade darker ink pad “Bamboo Leaves” and used the same motion as the paint dabber. Press it on and lift it up. It makes a speckled pattern because of the white paint texture.
I attached them with Glossy Accents by Ranger.

To finish the layout I added a scalloped edge with the Coredinations “Serene” cardstock using the Fiskars border punch.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pet Layout #3


 Since this would be a very very long post about how I made this layout, I made a PDF with each Square's Supply list and how to instructions. Just follow THIS LINK! It was inspired by a Thinking Inking video on Youtube by Jennifer McGuire.

The Design Studio was essential for this layout in order to get the squares/rectangles the perfect size. Otherwise it would take forever to get the sizes just right.

Some of the supplies I used were:
Several Rubber Stamps, Distress Inks, Lots of Chipboard, Perfect Pearls, Sticky back Canvas, Grungeboard. watercolor paper and more.....
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Pet Layout #4
             Sketch by LizQualman.blogspot.com  below
PDF Available HERE with Supply List and How to Instructions
SUPPLIES:
Cricut
Cartridges: Storybook and Fabulous Finds
Paper: Basic Grey “Whisteria”
           Bazzill Basic Dots
           My Mind’s Eye “Chic Stripes” and “Purple Flowers”
           Sandy Lion, “Pixie Rock”
           Core’dinations Vintage Collection “Serene”
           The Paper Studio “Sweet and Sassy Green Floral”
           Bazzill Cardstock Light Green and Dark Green
2 Cloth flowers
1 Button
Hero Arts, Cling Stamp “Friends”
Black StazOn ink pad
Distress inks: Peeled Paint and Dusty Concord
Foam Sheets (2 layers under the photo)
Making Memories Chipboard (hearts)
1 charm “Bliss”
Mulberry Paper: Purple and Cream colored
Decoupage Glue
Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Eggplant and Citrus
Grungeboard Flourish
Cuttlebug embossing folder, Bubbles
White Acrylic ink
The Paper Studio Gems
Fiskars Scallop Border Punch
Please see the PDF for how to instructions. I used several new techniques which are shown by the photos below.
I will list the supplies below these following photos.
How to Instructions: 
TO THE LEFT: Mulberry Paper was added to 1 heart and 1 framed heart. Used Decoupage glue

TO THE RIGHT: I Stamped 2 white flowers with Cling "Friends" stamp. Then used Adirondack Alcohol inks to color them.
The Grungeboard, painted white with acrylic paint. I took Peeled Paint distress ink and covered it with a light coat. I ran it through the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Bubbles, and then put the same ink pad directly on top of the grungeboard. It makes the design stick out more.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pet Layout #5

          CUT FILE, Download HERE

SUPPLIES:
Paper: Core’dinations Vintage Collection, “Serene”
           Core’dinations Core Essential Collection, “Purple Majesty”
The Paper Studio: Grain Paper
Lilac and Dark Green Cardstock
My Mind’s Eye “Leaves of Love”
Cricut
Cartrides: Fabulous Finds, Plantin Schoolbook and My Community
Distress Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint and Dusty Concord & Ink Applicator Tool by Ranger
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder:  Bubbles
Chipboard elements from Making Memories: 1 Circles, Star, Arrow and 4 Photo Corners
1 Acrylic White Paint Dabber
1 Wooden Word, Relax
This is layout #5. My dog is basking in the sun, on our deck, at our camper.
Instructions: First I made the square’s layout in the Design Studio.
CHIPBOARD: 
 I used a circle and a star for the sun. I painted them white. I use the paint dabber because I wanted a blotchy look. Just press down on the chipboard and lift it up…...over and over again. Then, I inked half with Mustard Seed and the other half Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink.  Same with the Star.

I painted the arrow and the photo corners then I used Dusty Concord Distress Ink on the photo corners and Spiced Marmalade on the Arrow. Covered them lightly. Then I embossed each of them with the Bubbles Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug). I actually set the chipboard backwards in the embossing folder so it would actually be de-bossed. It was by accident but it worked out. Then I pressed the ink pads directly onto each of them. That makes it a darker shade then the first. The Acrylic paint acts as a resist so it may take a few times.
RELAX:
I just colored half of the word with Dusty Concord and the other with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.
The fence was done using My Community Cricut Cartridge. I used foam sheets to add some dimension to them. I added some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to them to make the paper a little darker. I used Plantin Schoolbook for the C-A-M-P-I-N-G.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pet Layout #6
SKETCH BELOW

 This is a layout of my new puppy that climbed onto my desk. She's sitting on top of a Kleenex box, on top of my printer. She was actually trying to look out the window for me. To bad the blinds were closed.

I used this sketch to complete it..........
                                                            CUT FILE found HERE
Supplies:
Paper: Basic Grey, Wisteria Jardin
            The Paper Studio, Cosmo Foliage
Bazzill Basics Paper, Berry Pretty…I call it Lilac Dots because it has small dots all over.

Cricut Cartridges: Home Décor, Fabulous Finds, Storybook
Distress Ink: Dusty Concord and Felt Ink Applicator Tool by Ranger
Zig glue pen
Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Eggplant (purple) and Citrus (green)
Versamark Chalk Ink, Dew Drops: Spring Pansy (purple) and Aloe Vera (green)
8 white flowers
The Paper Studio Gems

Circle: 10 inches
Rectangles: 2.389 x 10.595
Their Matting: 2.516 x 10.722
BUSTED: 1 inch high by 4 inch wide
Journaling Strips: .50 x 2.75 inches

I created this sketch on Cricut’s Design Studio. I cut out the circle, the 2 rectangles along with their matting.
I decided to add a little something to the rectangles so I cut out some flourishes from the Home Décor cartridges. I placed 2 on each one. I used the same paper as the rectangles. To make them stand out a little more, after attaching them I took some Dusty Concord Distress ink and VERY lightly ran it across the Flourishes.  Just so they’re slightly more visible.  You can see another example in the photo below.

You can see another picture of the flourishes here. I also added these flowers. They were white, to start out. First, I took my Dew Drop chalk inks and ran it across the pedals. I didn't cover the whole flower. Just on the pedals. It acted as a resist when I added Adirondack Alcohol Inks on them. I used Eggplant and Citrus.


I added the lettering and the journaling strips. The journaling strips say "Dolly, caught red-handed". The "BUSTED" was cut out with Storybook cartridge.
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layout #7
Cricut Cut File , Click Here
                                                                  Sketch found at:
                                                           http://bobunny.blogspot.com/


This is layout #7 of my dog, Dolly.  I was a busy little bee with these embellishments. All the details can be found below the Supplies list.


SUPPLIES:
Cricut
Fabulous Finds Cricut Cartridge
Cuttlebug embossing folder, Script Text
Cuttlebug Butterfly Die cut and embossing folder
Invisible “Ornate Art” paper
Bazzill Dots “Berry Pretty”
“Just the edge” Cardstock Strips of cardstock by Bazzill
VersaMagic Dew Drop, Spring Pansy”
Adirondack Alcohol Ink: Eggplant and Citrus
TSUKINEKO: Eucalyptus, Lilac, Willow
Distress Ink: Peeled Paint and Concord Grape
Purple Glitter
Buttons
“Color Me Crazy” White Flowers
Grungeboard
Perfect Pearls, White
Mini Mister spray bottle

For the first time, I used Invisible scrapbook paper that I colored with Peeled Paint Distress Ink to create the background paper. It’s like having an embossed image, using clear embossing powder on the paper then adding ink to bring the image out. The ink resists it. I used the Ink Applicator Tool by Ranger, the felt one, to apply the Distress ink. 

Next, I cut out the rectangular papers with the Fabulous Finds Cricut Cartridge, including the matting.

 Then I worked on the grungeboard. See below the photo.
                   
GRUNGEBOARD FLOURISHES:
Step 1: Ink the Grungeboard with Concord Grape Distress Ink, Lightly!
Step 2: Embossing it with Script Text Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Step 3: Put the Distress Ink directly on top of the Grungeboard and slide it left and right until the raised embossed image is nice and dark.

Flowers:
On the right side of the layout, I colored the dark purple flower with Adirondack Alcohol Inks….just add 1 drop at a time and it will spread out. I added some purple glitter to the pedals. The green flower on top of it was done the same with but with Citrus Adirondack Alcohol Ink.  I added a purple button to it.

On the left side of the layout, the colors are lighter because I used TSUKINEKO spray ink. The largest, 3 inch flower, was sprayed with both colors…Lilac and Willow.  Then I put white perfect pearls powder in a mini mister with water and sprayed it.  The top flower was just sprayed with “Lilac”. I also added purple glitter to it. To finish, a button was added.



Next, I cut out 2 butterflies from a Cuttlebug die cut. Then I embossed each. I ran Peeled Paint and Concord Grape across the top one using the Felt Ink Applicator Tool. The bottom butterfly was colored with all C. Grape.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layout #8   "Scratch Me"

The photo is of my dog with her leg wide open. She has this thing about scratching the inside of her leg. I finally got to use my Bo Bunny Scalloped paper.  Here's all the supplies then the instructions under that.

SUPPLIES:
PAPER:
Bo Bunny Sophie Joy Die Cut (Background)
Bo Bunny Sophie Collection “Chic” (Frame)
Bazzill Pink Cardstock
White Cardstock
Core’dinations Vintage Collection, Angel Orchid (Medium Pink)

FLOWERS:
Bo Bunny Dark Denim Dots
Bo Bunny Sophie Collection “Stripe” Double-sided Paper (Turquoise Flowers)

Cricut & Cartridges:
Home Décor (Flourishes)
Pagoda (Flowers)
Storybook (Letters)
Accent Essentials (scalloped frame)
Distress Ink: Faded Jeans, Broken China
Adirondack Alcohol Ink: Stream
Ink Applicator Tool, Felt
VersaMagic Dew Drop Inks: pink, turquoise
Making Memories, Chipboard (The Heart)
Embossing Folder by Cuttlebug, Spots and Dots
Gems

Cuttlebug Sandwich for the Making Memories Chipboard (at hobby lobby)
From top to bottom:
Plate A
Embossing Folder with the chipboard in it
Plate C
4 small pieces of cardstock on top
First, I went on the Cricut Design Studio to create the layout. I don’t want to waste my limited supply of Bo Bunny’s paper. After all the embellishments were added to the project I started by cutting out the flourishes.

EMBELLISHMENTS
Then, I cut out all the embellishments. I cut out the pink flourishes using the Home Décor cartridge. Then I started cutting out the many flowers I added.  I used Bo Bunny Dark Denim Dots and Bo Bunny Sophie Collection “Stripe” (Turquoise Flowers). I also used white cardstock that I colored with Faded Jeans Distress Ink. I attached them to each other, and the background paper, by using a pop dot.

THE CHIPBOARD PIECES
I added 2 chipboard piece, both from Making Memories. They are the heart and the } sign. For the heart, I colored it with Stream Adirondack Alcohol Ink. Just squirt some on the Ink Applicator Tool and rub it on the chipboard. Then I ran it through my Cuttlebug embossing folder, Spots and Dots. Then I took my Broken China Distress Ink and put it on the heart and ran it back and forth until the embossed areas are full of the ink. I also added a few pink gems and a charm that says “Happy”.


For the other chipboard piece, I took my Dew Drop Turquoise ink pad and ran it across until it was covered.
LETTERING
I had a hard time figuring out what color paper to use for the storybook lettering at the bottom. It might be hard to see. It’s  easier to see in person then on the photograph.
To finish, I added large gems in the corners of the paper.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layout #9     "Kiddo"



This is the sketch that was supplied by Liz Qualman on her blog called "A little Sketchbook".
You can right click on the sketch to save it.

I'm in the process of making a 12 x 12 album for my dog Dolly so I made a layout with it. She's actually sitting on one my scrapbook paper folder's.  I thought I'd take some pictures before taking her off. I needed the paper!






My Supply List:
Heidi Swapp Invisibles, “Dots” (Background Paper)
My Mind’s Eye Paper
Core’dinations, Vintage Collection “Serene”
Core’dinations, Core Essentials, “Asparagus”
Making Memories Chipboard – Circles
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Spots and Dots
Distress Inks: Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint
Ranger’s Ink Applicator Tool
Making Memories Chipboard letters
Clear Embossing Powder
Versamark Watermark Ink Pad – Dazzle
Sandpaper
Colorbox Metal Words
White Acrylic Paint

BACKGROUND:
I created the background with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. It’s called the “Invisibles”. It’s like using clear embossing powder that acted like a resist.

CIRCLES:
First, I painted them white with regular white Acrylic paint. Otherwise no matter what color ink you put on the chipboard it will be VERY dark. Then I colored it with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I then took my Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Spots and Dots) and ran it through. Then I took the same ink pad and put it face down on the embossed image.. Move it back and forth until the area is covered with ink. It will be a little darker then the first application of ink.

To finish them I sealed each with clear embossing powder. I did that so the ink would stay put and not rub of. Acrylic paint can create a resist all by itself. It also makes a nice shine.

LETTERING
The chipboard letters were white to begin with so I just added Peeled Paint to them. I also clear embossed each of the letters.

I attached the letters to a strip of striped paper with a scalloped border above and below it. I sanded the scalloped edges.

I attached all the pieces including the last 2 elements which are the 2 metal words….”Remember” and “Cherish”
Thanks for coming by........come back for more layouts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layout #10  "Dog's Life"

This is my second layout using this Sketch from Liz Qualman at LizQualman.blogspot.com
It's for a may issue of ScrapStreet Magazine.

These are 2 of my dogs, I have 3 total. Holly is the all-black dog and Dolly is the one in the single photos as well  as the 2 of them togethor sleepin. Holly is 14 yrs old and Dolly is 11 months. The young and the old.

You can save the sketch by double-clicking on it, then right-clicking on it and hit
"Save As".


SUPPLIES:
Cricut Expression
Fabulous Finds Cartridge (Circles)
Paper: Core’dinations Vintage Collection “Serene”
 Core’dinations Core Essentials Collection “Asparagus” and “Grassroots”
The Paper Studio – Cosmo Foliage
White Cardstock
Chipboard letters (QVC) and (Joann Fabrics)
White Acrylic Paint

Ink Pads: Peeled Paint and Dusty Concord Distress Inks & Dew Drops New Sprout and Pear Tart
Versamark Watermark Ink Pad
Clear Embossing Powder by Ranger
Heat Gun
Inkadinkado “Flashy Floral” Clear Stamps
EK Success Lattice large border punch
Foam Sheets for dimension

MEASUREMENTS
The purple Serene paper is 11.75 x 11.75
The Cosmo Foliage paper is 11 x 3.875
Each photo is 2 x 3 inches
THE CIRCLES DIAMETER
3.875 inches, 2 inches, 1.5 inches, 1.25 inches, 1 inch and .5 inches

HOW TO INSTRUCTIONS:
After I cut out the foliage paper I took the Lattice large punch and cut out the Asparagus cardstock. When done, I cut it in half and attached it to the paper.

THE TITLE
“Dogs Life” was done using Chipboard letters I found at Joann Fabrics.
FIRST – I took white acrylic paint and painted each letter.
SECOND – I took Dusty Concord Distress Ink and inked the letters.
I used glossy accents and pop dots to attach them.

THE EMBOSSED RESIST-DISTRESS INK CIRCLES
I used an embossing resist for the circles. I took my Inkadinkado stamp and with the embossing ink pad I stamped each circle. There were several clear stamps in this set. I poured clear embossing ink on it and heated it up. Then I took my Ink Applicator tool and my Peeled Paint and put on a heavy coat of ink on it.  I added some foam sheets, for dimension, on several of the circles.

“My 2 Dogs” chipboard. I painted them white as well. Then I used Dew Drops Ink pads: New Sprout and Pear Tart to ink each letter. Peeled Paint ink pad was to dark.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layout #11.........Angel ?


I used a sketch from Pagemap.com

It's probably hard to see but there's a text bubble that says "I'm an angel". That's why I titled it "Angel ?"

This is my new puppy (she’s 3 months old here) sleeping. This was the first couple of days that we had her. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into It’s titled “Angel ?” because she thinks she so cute and so does everyone else. BUT……she’s one heck of a bite-r and she’s almost a year old. She digs like nothing I’ve ever seen and she runs as fast as a missile. Sometimes she thinks I’m a tree and tries to climb me. She also likes piggy-back rides from a family friends dog.  All the bad things she does is listed in the journaling.

The squares were cut out of a scrapbook paper that was made full of these squares. I matted them with purple cardstock which is Core’dinations Core Essentials “Purple Majesty”.  The background papers are, on the left, The Paper Studio “Leaves of Love” (found at Hobby Lobby). On the right, Bazzill Lilac Cardstock.




I used Paper Frills where the 2 paper join. It was a white scalloped piece but I heat embossed a bordered flourish on it. I used white embossing powder on it. Then I used Adirondack Alcohol ink, “Eggplant” to color it. That’s why I buy white paper frills because I can change it to any color I want. I did several layers.


 The flowers are fake flowers that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I used a glue gun to hold them all together.  I used glue dots on the 3 small lilac flowers below the photo.

Now the wings, these are Grungeboard. I took white acrylic paint, in a dabber, and covered it. I then added Dusty Concord Distress Ink by Ranger. I added some stickles in the center. The only problem is that it started to take off the purple distress ink. AFTER it dried I added more distress ink to it. I added dimension using foam sheets cut to size. I also colored the chipboard bracket with acrylic paint and Dusty Concord Distress Ink.



SUPPLIES:
Dusty Concord Distress Ink
fake flowers
Grungeboard
Paper Frills
Adirondack Alcohol ink, “Eggplant”
White Paint Dabber
Bazzill Lilac Cardstock
The Paper Studio “Leaves of Love”
Hero Arts, Festive Borders (embossed flourishes)
White Embossing Powder
Versamark embossing ink pad
Core’dinations Core Essentials “Purple Majesty”
chipboard bracket
The Paper Studio, Cute little blocks

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Layout #12 Sh......
                                             
I found these 12 inch Doily’s at Jewel and bought them. I got a dozen for $2.00
I love when things are white because I can change the color with any of the Distress Ink Pads.

ONE TIP: IF you DO use Distress Inks don’t adhere anything to the Doily until it’s completely dried. Distress Inks are water based and nothing will stick until dried.

The how-to instructions are below the Supply list.


SUPPLIES:
Paper:
12 Inch Doily, White (from Jewel)
The Paper Studio, Cosmo Foliage
Purple paper from Apple Collection
Cricut Expression
Fabulous Finds Cricut Cartridge
Paper Frills, White  (Hobby Lobby)
Judi Kins, Lavender Twinkle Embossing Powder
Embossing ink pad
Grungeboard Elements
Distress Ink: Peeled Paint and Dusty Concord
White Acrylic Paint
Fake Flowers
Hot Glue Gun
Chipboard by Making Memories
Gems
Butterfly from the Dollar Tree
Glossy Accents

First, I started by coloring the Doily with Distress Ink Dusty Concord. Then I cut out 2 circles. 1 in each paper. I used my paper cutter to cut out a section of the green paper (The Paper Studio, Cosmo Foliage) and added it to the purple paper circle.

Then I added the Paper Frills that I heat embossed with Glittery Embossing Powder.

I cut out the photo and put it in place without adhering it to the page to see how I should arrange the Grungeboard Flourishes.  I painted them white with Acrylic Paint then added Peeled Paint Distress Ink to it. I added some gems to them to finish it off.

I adhered the photo then added the butterfly that I got from the Dollar Tree. $1.00 for 3 of them. The only way to attach it, that I’ve found, is a hot glue gun. I also added a fake flower from the Hobby Lobby. I used a hot glue gun for that as well.

Lastly, was the Chipboard letters. I painted them white and added Dusty Concord Distress Ink to them. I attached them with Glossy Accents. Oh, and I added some gems to the Doily.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layout #13 Winter Nap

My puppy and I were at my Camper for the weekend. I covered her up in a blanket while she napped. It was still chilly outside. Wisconsin in April.

Below are the instructions on the embellishments in this scrapbook layout. There's also a Sketch

SUPPLIES:
Cricut
Fabulous Finds, Storybook and Plantin Schoolbook
Paper: My Mind’s Eye, Stripes (Hobby Lobby)
          The Paper Studio, Vintage Green Ornate (background, Hobby Lobby)
          The Paper Studio, Purple Swirls (Circle, Hobby Lobby)
Lilac dots-Bazzill Cardstock
My Minds Eye Stripes (Hobby Lobby)
Green Cardstock
Craft Essentials, Rub on stickers and metal “circles”
Butterfly from the Dollar Tree
Studio 112 Adhesive Chipboard
Distress Inks: Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint
Purple colored pencil
K and Co. Dragonfly Embossed Stickers
Pearl gems by Recollections
Fake flowers

I used a sketch from Creative Scrappers. They were looking for layouts using any sketches between 150-154. This is #150.

I started by making the entire layout, using the sketch, on my Design Studio (by Cricut).








 I cut out the Circle using the Fabulous Finds cartridge. Towards the end of the layout I added
some metal circles that I found on clearance at Joann Fabrics. The storybook cartridge gave me the letters for the title.



Then I cut out the 3 pieces under the photo. The scalloped part was “welded”, in the Design Studio, to a rectangle so it cut as 1 piece.

The 2 other strips of paper, after cutting them I ran the Dusty Concord Distress Ink along all the edges. I attached all of these items to the page.

Next I worked with the photo and the 4 tabs around them. I matted the photo with green cardstock then I cut out the 4 tabs using the Fabulous Finds cartridge from Cricut. I cut them out of white cardstock then used Peeled Paint Distress Ink to color them. Then I added some rub-on stickers that were on clearance at Joann Fabrics. I placed them on top and glued them before adhering the photograph.


The next thing I worked on was the flowers. I buy lots of fake flowers from Hobby Lobby and use a wire cutter to cut them so I just get the flower. I used a hot glue gun to adhere them to the page.

 I added a butterfly that I found at the Dollar Tree.  I also used a hot glue gun on that. It’s a must because there’s no other way to get it to stay put.
-----------------------------
Layout #14 All My Dogs


These are my 3 dogs. I made this layout for the contest at Pagemaps.com, their blog actually. They asked for people to use any of their 12 x 12 sketches.
I used this sketch to make this layout. It's part of their July 2009 sketch collection. They have PDF's and it's part of that one.

Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio Soft Swirls Purple
The Paper Studio Soft Swirls Green
KI Leafy Calendar 4851
Chipboard from Making Memories
Chipboard Letters from HSN
Fake Flowers from Hobby Lobby
Purple and Clear Flower Gems
Wavy Green Ribbon
Dusty Concord Distress Ink
White Acrylic Paint
Scalloped Border punch by Fiskars
Pop Dots
Glossy Accent
Centepede Torn Edge Blade
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder – Bubbles

I cut out 2 photos that were 5x3 inches. I used my paper cutter’s torn edge blade on the green paper behind them.

Then I added flowers to the corners. I attached them with Pop Dots. You could also use a hot glue gun.
For the Chipboard I painted all the letters and the { with white acrylic paint otherwise it would be so dark you couldn’t even see that it was purple. I used distress ink to cover each piece. For the { I embossed it with the Bubbles embossing folder then ran the ink over it again.

I added some journaling with a purple pen. It says the date and my dog’s names. Holly is the “salt and pepper” black dog. She’s 14 now. The lightest colored ,tan, dog is Lucy who is 7 and Dolly is the black/white/tan dog and she’s 1 yrs old.
That’s everything, thanks for looking.
----------------------------------------------------
Layout #15
 "Love the Outdoors"


The sketch to the right is what I used to create this layout. It's from Creative Scrappers. It's sketch #156.

I created the layout of all the squares and rectangles in The Design Studio first. Otherwise it would have taken forever to find measurements for all of them.

Supplies:
Cricut Cartridges: Home Décor, Fabulous Finds, Storybook
Paper: Believe Paper Kit – The Paper Studio
          The Paper Studio, Soft Swirls Purple
           Bazzill Basics Cardstock– Reed , Lilac dots, Purple dots
Wavy Purple Ribbon
Peeled Paint Distress Ink
Grungeboard
White acrylic paint
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder “Textile”
Clear embossing powder
Judi Kins Embossing Powder, Lavender Twinkle
Ranger Embossing Ink pen
K and Co. Saffron Butterfly Grand Adhesions
Studio 112 Chipboard Flower
Purple and clear gems
Spellbinder Eyelet Border die cut
Foam sheets for dimension
Glossy Accents


All the squares and rectangles were cut using the Fabulous Finds cartridge.  I added dimension to 2 of them using Foam Sheets.

Underneath them, I added a Grungeboard piece and on the inside it says “In the Shade”.
I painted it white, then added a light layer of Peeled Paint Distress Ink. Then I ran it though a Cuttlebug embossing folder. After that, I put the distress ink pad right on top of the raised areas to make them darker. Then I dipped it into clear embossing powder to make the ink stay on it otherwise it tends to fade as it dried.
I added several embellishments like the wavy ribbon, K and Co. Butterfly, Spellbinder eyelet border die cut. Various flowers. I also added purple gems on one of the papers. It has a quilted effect on the paper so I added gems.

The “love” was made using the Home Décor cartridge. The lettering, the Outdoors, is from the Storybook cartridge. There are 2 layers on all of them. I used the same cardstock I just darkened the other layer using Peeled Paint Distress Inks.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Layout  #16 My Trio...Smile

                             This is Layout #16 in my Dolly Pet Scrapbook Album.
                         DOWNLOAD CRICUT .CUT FILE HERE
                     

These are my 3 dogs. I finally got them all in one photograph. They are Lucy, Dolly and Holly. 

Cartridges Needed: Fabulous Finds (squares), Home Accents (flourish) and Plantin Schoolbook (scallop)

The first thing I do is create the sketch on my Design Studio software. You will see multiple pages on the CUT file. Every item has it's own page. All you have to do is pick the paper and hit cut.

Supplies:
Paper: Coredinations Vintage Collection, "Serene"
          Bazzill Lilac and Purple Dots
          Believe Paper Pack from the Paper Studio
          Coredinations core Essentials "Purple Majesty"
          Lilac Cardstock
          Bazzill Reed Cardstock
Cricut Cartridges: Fabulous Finds, Plantin Schoolbook and Home Accents
Wood Letter
Lettuce Adirondack Alcohol Ink
Purple Gems
Lilac Chipboard letters
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Spots and Dots
Distress Inks: Peeled Paint and Dusty Concord
Buttons
K and Co. Grand Adhesions, Butterfly
Glossy Accents and Pop Dots

First, I cut out all the squares. One of them I embossed using the Spots & Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. Then I added Peeled Paint Distress Ink to the embossed areas.

 I also did the same for the scalloped piece seen below.  I also added a butterfly from K and Co. to one of the squares. I added 3 buttons to another. I also added purple gems to 2 of the squares that have the same woven pattern on them.
I used purple chipboard letters for "my trio". The die cut is from Home Accents Cricut Cartridge. The "SMILE" is a wooden letter that I colored with Adirondack Alcohol Ink "Lettuce".

FOLLOW ME to see more in the future.
Thanks for stopping in!
Heather

5 comments:

  1. What a great bunch of pet pages! I love the one with the colored doily...I forgot that I found some on clearance too a couple of years ago that were for cakes & never did anything with them! Thx for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is Great !
    That's a lot of flowers and pages....Love your color theme!
    Thanks for playing along with us at SOUS ...
    Hugs Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an amazing collection of layouts for your pet album! Purple is my favorite color so I was immediately drawn in! Thank you for sharing these with us and taking the challenge at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the longest post ever I guess LOL. Love all your layouts. Lots of great uses of your cricut!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These pages are spectacular! I think the fourth one is my favorite with the quilted paper effect and I love how you've done the title on the thirteenth. You are extraordinarily talented. I just love your work!

    ReplyDelete

If you have a real comment to make it would be greatly appreciated but if you are going to SPAM me please don't. I moderate every comment and it will be deleted immediately.

Thanks